About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Thursday, December 01, 2005

God is not dead, nor does he sleep

Are we sure about that? We've had a lot of Christmas music playing lately particularly The Carpenters. By my assessment, they've just about got the Christmas music market cornered. Somehow you just can't beat Karen for the right mix of melancholy and tragedy combined with an almost painful bit of optimism and hope.

These migraines have me way down in the dumps. The dr's office hasn't called me back since yesterday morning and I've left two messages. I haven't heard a word from the neurologist. And yet the headaches keep stomping onward. This is not good for me. It's not good for J and it's not good for the kids. Thankfully, Lily is pretty darn low key when it's just her and I but the minute Ian gets home the siren call of the "chase and scream" game seems to overwhelm them both. I'm sure you can just imagine.

But, back to the logical problem of evil. J and I have had about a million discussions on this topic which is usually brought on by a particularly bad bout of the arthritis or migraines. I can't ever seem to reconcile it and that's really not the point, I suppose. If all the great minds up until now can't manage it either, who am I to try it anyway? Religion always falls short for me on this matter. We need evil for there to be good in the world? Do I have that right? God is good but there is evil anyway? Suffering is necessary for good stuff to happen eventually? The whole thing stinks.

No comments: