About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The cookies were gross

So, I couldn't stand it anymore and I made chocolate chip cookies last night. They were actually gross. I bought a different brand of chips because Costco was out of the Ambrosia ones that we love the last time I was there and the new ones were awful when they came out of the oven. I guess the chocolate is all you can taste when they're warm and fresh and they were just yucky. This morning, after they were completely cooled, they were ok. Not the best cookies, but not the worst tasting like they were last night. J took them to work. He informed me earlier that they were already gone.

Ian is home sick today. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I'm really relieved because now he can't participate in the Christmas pageant that we were supposed to attend tonight. It doesn't start until 7 p.m. which is bedtime around here and we didn't have any child care for Lily so we would have had to drag her along too and I was dreading the inevitable meltdowns on both of their parts because of being overtired. But, I feel bad because aren't mothers supposed to be overjoyed to go and watch their kids sing off key on the school stage?

He looked really sick this morning and was complaining that he was going to throw up and he went and sat in the bathroom for a while "just in case". So, the kids laid on the sofa and watched a movie while I cleaned and did laundry (how is it that laundry becomes infinite after you give birth?) and then we read Christmas stories for a while until they started fighting and I banished them to their beds. I relented and went in and read to them some more and now they are (I assume because it's quiet) napping for a bit. He was acting like he was feeling better before nap time (how bad can he feel if he's fighting with Lily?) so we'll see how he is when they get up.

But this has messed up my routine a bit and now I don't know if he'll be home or at school tomorrow which means I'll have to grocery shop on Saturday instead of on Friday and I need to get to Costco to pick up the meds that I've been pretending I don't need. Argh. And I also still have to go to the Folsom Costco because they don't carry the milk that J likes at the one around the corner and he's all out. I guess life never slows down once you become a mother.

No comments: