About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

All I want for Christmas is two new teeth

Just got home from the endodontist. The good news is that he was able to save my back tooth that was all diseased in the root. The bad news is that it needs a crown. SO that racks it up to TWO new teeth for me before the year is out. I go back to the regular dentist on Monday to get the permanent crown on the one closer to the front and then they'll fix up a temporary crown on this bad boy. I suppose the bright side is that since I can't eat anything remotely hard or crunchy, I'll probably lose more weight this week. Dental work bites.

In other news, Lily was super good for my mom today. She snuggled up on the sofa with her and watched The Incredibles as I was having my tooth drilled out. So, that was nice for Grammy and her at least.

Today is the feast day for St. Nicholas. We read the story about the Bishop of Myra back in the 4th century and the kids put their shoes out so he could leave them a treat. And then I forgot to do it. DOH! But I recovered quickly and reminded Ian that he had a LOT of places to visit and that the day was not yet over and that maybe he would come while I was dropping him off at school. WHEW! I just made a batch of fudge and I need it to cool fast so I can wrap it up nicely and stick it in his shoe. The things we mothers do for our children.

No comments: