About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Blog fodder: This means you

I haven't had the blog going long enough to detail the many people in my life. But, friends and enemies, beware. You could be next.

I woke up this morning to the insistent ringing of the phone next to my head. Imagine my surprise when it wasn't a police officer, funeral home, ER director or extended family member. Instead, it was my long lost Trish (currently enduring a MS program with her DH at Penn State). What a relief. Being that I'm a crummy friend and that I hate to talk on the phone when the small people are awake, I've been woefully derelict in keeping up with her since we both fled Utah. Note to self: call Trish more often.

Strangely, this event finally motivated me to head to the Verizon Wireless store to figure out why my cell phone gets such crappy reception on our street and in our house. It appears that it's not me and not the phone. But, it is the reason why I hardly ever call anyone and generally ignore the ringing if I'm at home. I just can't hear much of what anyone says which is doubly aggravating when the little people are, at the same moment, clamoring for attention. The trouble ticket is out there and I should hear back in 48 hours. I didn't have this problem when we lived on the other side of the freeway and it may lead to upgrading this phone that I've decided I don't particularly care for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah! I'm soooooooo sooooo soooooooooooooo sorry that I called that early! I was drugged with glucose!!!! I forgot to account for the three hour time change! Please know that when I am sober I NEVER call ANYONE before 8:30. Please forgive me.
Hoping to still be yours,
Trish

Sarah Hallford said...

You're fine. I had to get up and feed the beasties. Really. They were coming after me.

Becky said...

Hi, Sarah! I'm back to DSL so I can keep up with everyone's blogs again!

I don't like talking on the phone with kids around either.

I have an intense needs for silence when I'm frustrated.

And the consumerism in this country is incredibly insane!