About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Happy Dance

J and I decided to order the BOB Revolution Duallie for me for Mother's Day. The good part was that REI had a sale with 20% off so we saved a hundred dollars off the stroller. The bad news was that we waited too long into the sale and the stroller went on backorder with no anticipated shipping date. The good news is that when I emailed REI yesterday, they said it was back in stock and that it will be here by Saturday.

Hooray!

It will arrive with before Ian gets out of school on June 9th. I walk about 3-5 miles a day with Lily right now thus I was concerned that Ian wouldn't be able to ride that far on his bike. Hence, the great stroller search ensued. Do you have any idea how hard it was to find a stroller that would fit Ian's skinny but tall 6 year old frame? Let's just say you can't just stop by your local Babies R Us and grab one. And after giving the ones that they have in stock a whirl, I can see why most people just don't ever use their strollers. I've been astonished how many ads on craigslist include the wording, "almost new stroller" or "barely used" or "bought it and then it lived in our garage".

No comments: