About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Everything seems to have a dark side

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with the weight loss progress. But it turns out that it comes at a price. 

There's this little thing called discontinuation syndrome I just learned about. In a nutshell, tapering slowly off the headache medication was a good idea except for the fact that if you have been on it 5+ years like I have and you were on the highest dose for the better part of that time and you have a freaky system like I have then sometimes things go sideways after you are off it. 

Normally, I think of myself as a positive person who probably verges on irritating most people around me with my near inability to give in to discouragement. This last week has given me a nice clear view of an ugly, dark abyss that I'd just as soon not venture near again anytime soon. 

Imagine your mental state after a week of THIS:

Near constant nausea
Disrupted sleep
Endless nightmares
Fatigue
Flu like symptoms
Cognitive issues

Sounds crummy, right?  It sure is. I don't recommend it. And I may have 2-3 more weeks ahead of me.  Worst case scenario could be 8 more weeks.  

If I didn't have the family support keeping me going right now, I don't know what I would do. But if I seem off, I am. It's nothing personal, just a blip on my end that I have to muddle along with because the only way out is through. 

On the bright side, no headaches. 

#winning 

Am I right? 

 Somewhere in my subconscious, I have some major issues with car crashes. Every single nightmare has been about one. 



No comments: