About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Figure test success and musings

With the wicked sinus headache, I still managed to pass both my figure tests this morning.  YAY!!


Now that I've had time to reflect on this morning's figure tests.  I'm really glad I had the chance to do them.  My first one went really well.  I felt really prepared for it.


The second test, I felt less confident, largely because I think the double latte hit my system and felt a little shaky.  I knew the figure but I definitely haven't given it as much work as the first tests figures.  Given how the Sudafed messed with me at practice on Tuesday, I should have expected it.  Note to self: what you eat/meds you take can really mess with your skating.  I've learned that lesson now and I know that the cereal I ate was probably a crummy choice for breakfast.  I need to be much more mindful of this in the future.  


Now, I need to just PRACTICE my heart out till the competition on the 24th.  I like a busy floor when I'm doing figures and the QUIET of the test this morning was a tad bit unnerving.  I was the only skater on the floor at the time.


I chatted a little with my coach and she's going to start teaching me the 3 turn.  I'm so excited.  I hate not knowing how to do it.  :)

1 comment:

Salon Fan said...

I saw that you are a licensed nail tech in california. We are looking for Glitzy Nails Reps in that area.

Glitter Toes Parties