About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Saturday, May 06, 2006

I just can't remember

I had thought of something interesting earlier today to blog about. Of course, now it's slipped my mind so I just be boring instead. Wait! I remember now....

A friend of mine posted recently about going for a walk all by herself and how wonderful it was to spend that time alone. I was washing the dishes tonight when I realized why I like cleaning the kitchen after dinner. Nobody bothers me. They've all figured out that if you venture into the kitchen after dinner, you'll get drafted into work or possibly swatted at or snapped by an errant dish towel. But, if you keep your person OUT of the kitchen, you can fool around as long as no screaming erupts to distract me from the task at hand. For some reason, they constantly interrupt me while I'm cooking dinner which has forced me into my "get all the prep work done" fervor in the morning once Ian and J are off to school and work and Lily is occupied by crayons or a movie. Those interruptions are the ones that make me crazy because I like to cook and it would be nice to spend that time concentrating on cooking rather than on shooing annoying interlopers out of the kitchen.

Did I mention I have a sunburn? I took Ian and Lily to the park for lunch on Friday. Ian had the audacity to ask if we could sit in the shade and eat. "But Mom! I might get hot." This declaration followed an interminable period of gray and rain we suffered through for months this winter. Foolish me sat in the sun while the kids dashed about and I've got quite the tomato skin going on now. Strangely, it didn't bother me at all yesterday but my arms feel hot and achy now. This seems to happen to me every year. I get one spectacular sunburn and then I'm good to go. I just wish I'd had a sleeveless shirt on since I'm sporting a fearsome farmer's tan now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way, do you still have the lines on your feet from your super-duper-ultra-rockin' sunburn from 2 springs ago?

Sarah Hallford said...

Nope. All gone. But, I have some wicked tan lines from wearing sleeveless tops.

S