About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Back from hiatus

So, it's been a while since I posted last. I've been avoiding it due to a sudden upswing of emotional vampirism from needy family members. It's not that I don't want to be supportive but I just can't continue it when it's making me sick and negatively affecting my relationship with my children and husband. This has been a recurring problem in the last 15 years. It starts slowly and then suddenly I'm sick and headachy and tense physically from the incessant need to whine and complain and yet do nothing to change their circumstances. So, I'm giving myself permission to say no. No more hours on the phone listening to a litany of woe. No more of my home being hijacked at the whim of anyone not living here. I need to follow my own advice and take positive action to get back on track. I'm a grown up and responsible for the choices I make. I can choose not to get entangled in this. I can choose to let it go.

No comments: