About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Friday, July 05, 2013

It's been a while, eh?

I've been remiss in my duties around here since Lent has been over. 

Lots of things have been afoot. 

Thing one:

Having had enough of the shoulder and neck pain, I finally contacted my doctors about an appropriate remedy. I was dolefully informed that, no, physical therapy would be of no use. The only solution is a round of breast reduction surgery.

Thing two:

I would only qualify for the surgery to be covered if I was below a specific weight. According to Kaiser, that was 12 pounds down from my weight at that time. I also found out that my BMI was a tad over 30 putting me into the Obese category. 

Thing three:

I tried to lose it. I tracked every thing that went into my mouth. I upped my running to 9 miles a week. The kids and I added another 22 miles of biking in each week. I lost 2 pounds. Gained 3 back. Lost 3 again. 

Thing four:

I browbeat (but in a nice way) my doctor into a bevy of tests to be absolutely certain there was no underlying issue creating havoc for me. 

Thing five:

I attended the orientation for the Kaiser Medically Managed Weight Loss Program. 

Thing six:

I'm meeting with the nurse practitioner next week to start the program. 

Here's my before:

No comments: