About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Friday, December 09, 2005

Chose your focus

The headache is back. I am refusing to let it run my life today. I went and did the grocery shopping this morning and then I was so tired that I fell asleep at noon and didn't wake up until J called at 2:55 p.m. which was lucky for me since I had to pick Ian up from school at 3 p.m.! I barely made it but the nap helped a bit. I'm still tired and my head is still buzzy but the headache seems to be mostly under control right now.

I had a little inspiration last night that maybe J's grandparents would like it if we got them a Christmas tree and came up and decorated it on Sunday so tonight J and I will go out and pick that up, I think. Mom is here to watch the hooligans so that makes it easier. When I talked with Liliian about it on the phone she was almost choked up that we would do that for them. The thing is that they're both in their *80s* and they're mostly still independent but things like this are hard for them to manage. I offered to make dinner too and so J's parents and J's uncle will be there too. I think it will be a nice little family time together. It's good to keep my mind on other people and helping them instead of wallowing in my own puddle of self pity.

No comments: