About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Reorganized and ready to roll

I've been in a clothing rut. I think I've worn the same three shirts and pairs of jeans every day for the last month. They were always the clean ones at the top of the drawer but they were making me feel old and frumpy. I'm too young for frumpy. Really. I am. How is it possible that I could have eight drawers and a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear?

I pulled every piece of clothing I own out of the closets and drawers and flung them on my bed. J came in and thought that I'd either lost my mind or set off an A bomb. I took everything that didn't fit me right and donated it. I matched every top to a bottom and hung them all up in the closet together by outfit and organized them by season. I also bought new trouser socks since not one pair of the ones in the drawer would stay up. This means that I can now wear all my cute shoes instead of my tennies every day.

All I had to do this morning when I got up was grab a hanger and VOILA! Not only was I dressed on time, but everything matched and I looked reasonably put together for a mother to two young children. It's a miracle.

No comments: