About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ice Harvest

Anybody seen this one recently? John Cusack, does that ring a bell for you?

As a general rule, I love JC. Grosse Point Blank is one of my favorite movies, but this was an abomination. J and I have only turned off one other movie halfway through in 15 years (Seven, Brad Pitt, sound familiar?).

Don't get me wrong, I like the F word when I'm pissed off or after I've dropped say, an anvil, on my foot as much as the next person. But, it's a swear word. Meaning a vulgar word to equate vulgar sentiments out loud. It's not grammatical filler. You don't just toss it out there to fill dead air. It's not a replacement for "uh...." I was actually unable to count the incidences after a while and it just left me feeling annoyed that it was distracting me from whatever story that might have been cowering in the corner on the back lot of the studio.

Netflix won't let me give it less than one star, but I can do whatever I want here in my blog. Insert evil, maniacal laugh here.

It sucked.

No comments: