About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Ho hum

Not much to say today. The kids were better healthwise so we took them out for a long walk in the sun (well, the part that peeked before the clouds returned). That was good excepting the part where I got a sunburn where my watch usually is on my wrist. I thought to put sunscreen on my face but neglected that part.

Mom came over and watched the hooligans so J and I could go to the vigil mass for Palm Sunday. We were waiting for the mass to start and someone asked us if we would carry up the offerings. J was sent immediately into panic since he's not Catholic and he hasn't been to mass regularly since November (when the kids started getting sick). I sat and prayed silently that God would calm J down somehow. Interestingly, the reader for the narration of the Passion started reading the wrong gospel and then skipped part of it and went to the wrong page. The reader handled it very gracefully and I really think that it calmed J down quite a bit. Thankfully, carrying up the hosts and communion wine went off without a hitch. It was actually a very humbling experience.

No comments: