About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Portents of things to come

I caught a glimpse of the future in my relationship with my children today. They are remarkable little people when we're not all exhausted and sick and crabby.

I took my first journey with them *in six years* without a stroller. We went to the Folsom Zoo and Wildlife Sanctuary. Lily was afraid of the tigers but really loved the peacocks. My favorite were the bears. Ian loved it all. We walked and ogled the animals. We climbed stairs and ran down ramps together. We rode the model steam train (sans the normal stroller, diaper bag and other small person accoutrements) and waved to people and neither of them attempted an escape en route or other such possible catastrophes. Did I mention the sun was out?

A good, good day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

reading this makes me wanna have kids