About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Sunday, January 01, 2006

The new year is here

So far, so good.

Lily is still le enfant terrible. I think it's something to do with turning two and being a girl and still not quite over being sick. Ian spent a few days with Grandma and Grandpa and developed some weird hives type rash that I can only attribute to the antibiotic he took for the ear infection. He had a strange rash that was similar the last time he took it. I can only hope it will be cleared up tonight by the massive doses of Benadryl he's had today so that we can avoid hanging out at the urgent care center tomorrow.

The weight loss front is still following a slow, but steady, downward trend. That surely beats the alternative. I also officially have a "healthy" BMI. I'm down 31 pounds from where I started and have 24 to go to reach my goal. As I am not going to reach my goal of 135 by my birthday on Friday, I have revised my next goal to 135 by February 1st. I think I can manage that.

Everything feels sort of strange and out of kilter from the holidays right now. We're out of our routine and I think it's making us all behave in odd ways. The kids are awfully grouchy which really is unusual. I mean, they bicker a LOT, but they're usually fairly happy. All the sickness is taking it's toll, I suppose.

I've never been one for new year's resolutions mostly because I think it's kind of silly not to try to do the best you can at whatever you're trying to achieve whenever you're trying to do it. But, I'm going to give it a whirl this year. Thus, I resolve the following:

To try to resurrect my online mom's group,
To be more thoughtful of my family and those around me,
To finish off this weight loss gig, and
To keep a positive outlook.

I've noticed that my blog tends to look like a litany of complaints much of the time and that really isn't my intention. It does serve the role of impartial confessor for me. And while I don't know how much of it J actually reads, I'd venture that it would depress him to think that I just come here to vent. Thankfully, Ian doesn't know about it so I don't have to worry about his feelings on the content included herein. Which brings up an interesting point, really. How much time can you spend worrying about who and what you're blathering on about in your blog? Is this really more of a diary than something else? I haven't made my mind up exactly why I have this blog. That probably has something to do with it's rambling nature.

No comments: