About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Friday, January 20, 2006

All that and a bag of chips

So everyone is sick now. J is coming down with a cold, Ian has a UTI, Lily has a fever and a cold and I have my lovely hack. Ian's issue has me freaked out because the NP that we saw wants to do a VCUG test on him and I don't think it warrants that since he's 6 and never had one before. I mean if this was a recurring problem, it would be different. I have to decide if I should cancel the appointment or not. I think I should probably call his regular pediatrician and see what she thinks.

I need some good landlord vibes. We decided not to stay over here in the "corporate ghetto" side of Rancho Cordova. I've been looking for a house to rent on the other side of the tracks and closer to Ian's school. I found several that look good but one in particular that I really liked from the outside. It's even yellow. I always wanted to live in a yellow house. I spoke to the lady who owns it and she was very nice and is obviously very particular about her tenants. We make way more than we need to qualify and she said that she "could tell" about people on the phone. Her last tenants lived there for 11 years. I'm meeting her at 2:30 p.m. to look at the house and I'm crossing my fingers that it goes well. The house is in a very nicely maintained older neighborhood that looks perfect for us. I spent an hour and a half driving through all the streets over there to check it out. It's a little over a half mile to Ian's school and J could ride his bike to work (it would be a 5 mile round trip). :::fingers crossed:::

No comments: