About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hack and wheeze

I guess I've been sick for about a week. Not REALLY sick, but I had this nasty hacking cough that just won't go away. I was coughing so much the last two nights that I woke J up out of a sound sleep and he was worried that I wasn't able to breathe. I dragged myself and the wee bairn (at half past naptime) to the Dr and he gave me some cough meds (which will stun a horse by the looks of it) and an inhaler.

Oh. My. Goodness. I had noticed that I couldn't walk very fast last night on the treadmill. But, I had no idea how bad it really was. I feel like a new woman after two puffs on the inhaler. I guess that's what I get for waiting until I had the cough for 9 days before going to the Dr. He said it is some kind of weird virus and that it might take a month to clear up completely.

I just read a post from a friend of mine and she's doing better and that made my day. Then, I read a post from another friend who has been getting some unkind responses to her blog which made me feel terrible. These friends of mine are mothers with a LOT on their plates right now and they are both people whom I respect very much and who both were so willing to help support me in the past when I've had too much to manage. (Adria and Becky, if you're reading, this means YOU!) And for everyone else, THINK before you comment on someone else's blog.

2 comments:

Adria said...

you've been tagged :) http://chezadria.blogspot.com/

Adria said...

Aw, thanks Sarah. You just made me smile.