About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Too much cake

I am officially never allowed to have an entire cake in this house again. My mom made me a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (YUM!) for my birthday and I think I ate about 80% of it myself. It was delicious but now I'm starting to LOOK like a cake. I really let things go over the last two weeks and I've gained about 6.5 pounds. I should also mention the doughnuts I had and the massive amounts of Chinese take out, the list goes on and on. The thing is that I know I can lose it quickly if I nip it in the bud right now. But it has to start today, no putting it off.

On the good news front, the side effects of the meds has dwindled dramatically so I am once again a coherent human being (well, some of the time, at least). It's a relief to not feel like you haven't slept in two weeks.

Ian is back at school and delighted to be there. He has been complaining that his teeth are hurting him on one side so I've got to get him into the dentist soon. I can only hope he hasn't inherited my rotten teeth.

Lily is deeply immersed in the passion of being two. Everything is the best thing in the world or the most grievous tragedy known to man. She's got that amazing two year old conflict going on which sums up nicely as, "NO, ME!"

No comments: