About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Monday, November 14, 2005

Ghost in the machine

We had a ghost from our past materialize out of the Internet ooze. It's left me feeling very vulnerable and unsure of myself. Since that's not a mode I normally operate in, it's uncomfortable to say the least and I think I'm a little bit unhinged today. I suppose nobody likes to revisit dark times from their past especially when they relate to your marriage so I'm vowing (hah!) to make a renewed effort to put it all behind me and out of my mind permanently. We'll see how that actually pans out.

Finally got the right batteries for the scale and it said 147 this morning. Shouldn't that be cheering me up? I made it out for my walk with Lily in the beautiful sunshine we've got pouring down on us here today. It was pretty windy and the leaves were raining down on us and dancing along the sidewalks and parking lots like autumn fairies.

Meanwhile, I am still sick. This nasty hack kept me up (and poor J as well) half the night so I've been groggy all day. I have to go the dentist tomorrow and I'm worried how I'll manage it since I can hardly breathe out of my nose at the moment. I wonder if I should call them? Called them. No dice. Take some cough medicine and come on in! Ah well, it was worth a try.

MIL just called. She offered to drive down and stay with Lily while I go get my crown done. (She likes me! She really likes me!) My mom is already planning on being here since it's her day off so I'm covered, but maybe MIL would like to come down on Friday and take the kids back with her? That plan has some merit. I wonder if Lily will be over her cough and such in time. Thankfully, she's been sleeping the last two nights so J and I are about half human again.

No comments: