About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Monday, November 21, 2005

All peopled out

It was a long and busy weekend. Ian had his soccer award night at school on Friday. What a madhouse! Then Saturday, we had his final game of the season and then his team party in the afternoon. Another madhouse. Sunday, we went to church at 8 o'clock mass and lo and behold, there was my *father* in the choir, who I haven't spoken to or seen in 10 years. We ducked out after the Eucharist because my mom was freaking out. Sunday afternoon, we stopped at Winco to pick up some lasagna for dinner and went to visit J's grandparents up in the country. That was a nice way to spend the evening.

I should mention that J and I are both INTJs on the Meyers-Briggs scale and that we just don't *do* large gatherings with many wild children on a regular basis. I think I've had all the people I can take for a few weeks. We were supposed to go to a dinner tonight at church but neither one of us can stand the thought so we're ducking out. That works out well for J since he's planning to work every night this week so he can meet his deadlines at work and still take Thanksgiving and the day after off. But, it leaves me kind of bored. I think I may have to go buy a book.

Ian has the whole week off of school so I picked up a bunch of wooden Christmas ornaments for him to paint. We also have to go buy a tree so that we'll have one to decorate this weekend when we get back. And I have to go buy a mattress for Miss Lily since she's outgrown her little crib mattress. This means I also have to go buy sheets and a comforter and all that stuff.

No comments: