About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Or maybe not? The kids spent the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa. I never even had the chance to miss them. I had migraines 5 days out of the last 7 and J and I were so busy running errands, cleaning carpets and trying to "relax" that I don't think I ever did. Thankfully, I've been headache free today.

Lily is now the proud owner of a "big girl" bed complete with Pepto Bismol pink flannel sheets. She loves it.

We got the tree up and trimmed tonight and the Advent wreath is up on the hearth and lit. We took the kids for a walk to the park and got in a couple of miles. Dinner was reasonably quiet and well mannered and so I should feel relieved and relaxed for the evening. Instead, I'm all upset and freaked out. I have two dentist appointments this week and I have to go to the DMV to get the !#**^$@! car registered.

I think it's the headaches that are the real problem. I feel depressed about them and angry. I feel inadequate and that it's somehow my fault that I get them and seem to be unable to manage them. I just want them to go back wherever they've been for the past 3 months.

One good thing of note this week: I didn't gain any weight over Thanksgiving.

No comments: