About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Friday, November 11, 2005

Been thinking about this for a while

I think I need some catharsis in my life. Maybe this will help?

It's funny how when you're young you have all these clear ideas about what you want to do and what you plan to accomplish and who you are. Then one day you wake up and everything is different than you thought it would be. Not bad, necessarily, just not neatly lined up according to that "plan" you had.

I stop to think about where I am and how I got here and it seems like I'm not even sure how I ended up here. I have a great husband and a nice family. I have two kids (a boy and a girl--how DID I manage that?) who seem to actually like each other and me fairly well.

I was pondering the other day the fact that the number of people that I know who are in happy marriages seems to be vastly outnumbered by the number of those who aren't. Even J's parents spent most of their lives in an uneasy truce. I guess J and I have been awfully fortunate. It seems sort of out of fashion to like the person you're married to lately.

Just got a phone call from my MIL. She's wanting to brave her "driving on the freeway" fear to come down and spend time with the grandkids. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Never in a million years would I have expected that. I mean, I think she has a real phobia of the freeway. It was a nice surprise even if it doesn't end up panning out.

No comments: