About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Saturday, March 04, 2006

What makes it a bribe?

My MIL called yesterday to tell me that she's got some kind of stomach flu. So, my break from the kids this weekend is off. And not only that, it's going to make it hard for J and I to meet our volunteer hours for Ian's school. We were both supposed to work at the school today and that would have given us 8 hours and taken the stress off of meeting our obligation for the year. Obviously, she didn't want to be sick but MAN, I was really looking forward to some time alone with J sans the small people.

Instead of some quiet time, I took both kids shopping for groceries. I think I bribed them. Ian was my coupon helper. He carried them and helped me find all the things we needed. And we bought *4* kinds of chips. They each got a bag of Cheetos (Ian went with FLAMING hot and Lily chose regular) as promised for their cooperation. If you promise it ahead of time, is it a bribe or an incentive. It's been a while since I've taken them both to Winco by myself and they were really good but it is EXHAUSTING keeping them busy and from wrecking everything in their wake. Oh and then with the bagging all the groceries myself while doing that. Now I remember why I always bring J to run interference. I can manage just one of them fine but both requires all my multitasking skills.

J wants to go over to the new IKEA store when he gets back from the school. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find some white cereal bowls to replace the plastic abominations that we're currently using.

I think I need a nap.

No comments: