About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Monday, March 27, 2006

It just keeps getting better

Yesterday, 9:00 p.m.

Lily wakes up screaming at the top of her lungs. She's incoherent and inconsolable. Neither J or I are able to get her to calm down. Eventually, it occurs to us that we need to wake her up completely so she'll stop freaking out. We take her into the living room and pop in Winnie the Pooh and eventually (after a half an hour of insanity) she calms down. Unwilling to risk another round of hysteria, we keep her up with us while we watch some of the X Files DVD we have from Netflix. She was a bit congested so I gave her some Triaminic to help with it. I rock her a little and she dismisses me from the room after I tuck her in.

Today, 3:00 a.m.

Yes, do you notice the time up there? Three a.m. No joke. The screaming starts up again. Today, with the clarity of a cup of coffee, I realize that the decongestant had worn off. J went in to get her and she cranked up the volume even higher, insisting that she wanted her MOMMY! Not the kind of reception you expect when you haul yourself out of bed at that hour. I went in and snuggled her and got her back to sleep only to start this all over again every twenty minutes until close to five when J made an executive decision and put Lily in our bed and went to sleep in hers. Things went ok for that last hour or so before Ian was up with is own runny nose. Did I mention that Friday night, he was up howling about his nose?

Today, 8:46 a.m.

So very tired. Lily's had some more decongestant and is decidedly better spirits. I want to take a nap on the floor. It could actually happen but first, I need to change the movie out for her. Lilo and Stitch is almost over.

No comments: