About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Thursday, February 14, 2013

The coach that lives in your head.

I had a wretched couple of days with figure 7. I literally put my foot down every single time and/or didn't make it around the turn.

Frustrating.

Yesterday, I was determined to fix it.

I set it up. Took off. Moved my arms. Went to turn. BAM! Foot down.

Back to the strike off. Ok, Sarah, what does your coach tell you? What's on the checklist around the figure? Set it up. Check. Move you arms. Ok. Bend your knee. Check. Turn. Nope!

And then it dawned on me. I was straightening my knee right before I turned and trying to spin it instead of turning my foot with my body.

Went back to try again and whoo hoo! Turn!!

Coach in my head: 1
Figure 7: 45

But the tide is turning. It was nice to leave on a high note. :)

No comments: