About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Thursday, February 14, 2013

So far so good.

I thought I might be bored or compulsed to cheat and check FB. But I'm not.

My level of distraction has been so high lately that it feels like everything going on around me was like a tv show in the background. That disconnected vagueness left me wondering why I wasn't even experiencing my own life anymore. It was partly general business but also partly letting life wash over me without paying particular attention to it.

It struck me last weekend that there aren't too many years of nuclear family left for us. Ian is already thirteen and Lily is nine. Both of them are growing up and will be starting down the roads that lead them to independence and adulthood soon. What do I want them to know and remember? I have to start answering that question.

No comments: