About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Friday, February 15, 2013

Another day floats by

Filled with a never ending list of tasks and errands and general life stuff.

Friday is still my favorite day of the week.

We're usually wrapped up with school for the week and can take our time together with everything else. The cooperation level appears to be at an all time high and I'm feeling remarkably fond of ages 9 and 13 at the moment.

It's Lent and we are trying to be more mindful. Thankfully, Miss Lily had the presence of mind to remind me that dinner should not be including the meatball sandwiches I had on the menu. Given that Lent is supposed to be a time of sacrifice, I'm partially chagrined by the fact that my children are DELIGHTED to have fish on Fridays. So much so that they have been known to spontaneously break into a dance of joy in front of the fish case at Winco. On the other hand, I loathe the stuff so I'm probably carrying the sacrifice burden for the team.

No comments: