About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Competition tomorrow

I had a good practice today.  I also realized that I hold my breath when I skate my figures and loops.  What is up with that?

Note to self for the meet tomorrow: DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH.  Apparently, it makes a big difference.  I made a conscious effort to take a deep breath before strike off and everything felt much smoother and seemed to take less effort to maintain.

I am going to do *my* best and let the chips fall where they may.  I forgot to ask how many people are skating in my events and of course the schedule doesn't have the numbers listed for any of the figure events.  Still, it doesn't really matter.  I'd just like my scores to be higher than last time.  Yes, I kept the sheets from the last meet.

I feel much more relaxed and ready today.

Oh yeah, and I finished the Christmas shopping on my way home from practice.  I don't know where everyone else was this morning, but NOBODY was at the stores.

No comments: