About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Monday, March 18, 2013

A Fabulous Surprise

My favorite coach, second only to my own, surprised me with the most thoughtful gift today. She brought back from the Odenton meet a little note and autograph from Debra Blee, my heroine. She is many years my senior and took her Gold Medal dance test last year at Regionals. I was so inspired by her.

I have 16 years left to reach that goal by the same age.

Delighted by this happy turn of events, I plunged myself into the Siesta Tango today. The corner is the hardest part and at the moment it's about the size and speed of a figure circle. It can only get better from here. And it wasn't half as scary as learning the Denver Shuffle or a 3 turn which remain my current yardsticks of terror.

Onward!

No comments: