About Me

My photo
Homeschooling Mother of Two, Licensed Manicurist, Runner, Retired Figure Skater

Sunday, June 04, 2006

These boots were made for walking...

Got new running shoes today. Sadly, I only got 250 miles out of my last pair of New Balance 1221s. I loved those shoes but they didn't hold up nearly as well as I expected. I know that the RA makes my feet more sensitive than they would be otherwise. Of course, even buying new shoes every 3 months so I can exercise is cheaper than RA meds that I'd need if I didn't exercise. I'm trying the Saucony Hurricane 8s since the local Fleet Feet is waiting for the replacements to come in for the NB 1221s. So, if I don't like these, I can try those in a few weeks.

Now, I'm wondering if I could walk across America in a year. Obviously, I don't have the time to literally do it but what if I could at least do the distance? I covered 250 miles in about 3 months with my last pair of shoes. At my current rate, I'd cover 1000 miles in a year or so. I'd have to triple my rate. I'll have to think on it more.

No comments: